Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have an excel workbook. I built it with the intention of

Customer Question

I have an excel workbook. I built it with the intention of making address labels for Christmas cards. I printed the Microsoft instructions for how to do this using Word. FYI, I did this many times previously in Vista with no real problems. On this Microsoft 10 computer, I get to the step where I open the Excel spreadsheet and I get gobbledy-goop...mostly not even words, just symbols.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's a Gateway SX2370-US. I'm not sure what an operating system is, Microsoft 10?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I had to have someone set this up for me and I believe the updates are installed automatically, at least that's what I asked them to set it up that way. How would I check on that?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Unless you have specific questions, I have no idea. I'm not a very smart computer person but I successfully printed labels for Christmas for many years before our Vista computer died.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 14 days ago.

i just tried that on my copy of word and excel under windows 10

i dont see any "gobbledy gook"

though there is a place where you select a sheet or table after you open the xl file

could you maybe send me the excel sheet to look at ?

or if you are willing to pay a little bit extra i can log into your computer remotely to do it with you.