A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

Just purchased a HP Envy 7640.When setting up I somehow

Customer Question

just purchased a HP Envy 7640.When setting up I somehow selected a foreign language.How do I get to english as then preferred language for this printer?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 13 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me which language it looks like to you is on the printer display?

Please see the attachment below. If you can get to the screen where it displays

languages as you move through it English will be in English

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can not get back to the original screen and I don't recognize the lang.. I have tried everything to get back including unpluging the machine. I have ALSO LOOKED THRU ALL THE INFO THEY provide to no avail.I went to HP to .get
the answer and they referred me to you.Maybe you have a number where a HP employee can answer and solve problem. You fee is riding on it !!!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If you are going to correct the downloading done by others and get the 7640 talking in English than I will pay the fee of $39
Expert:  Byron replied 13 days ago.

I'm afraid a remote connection will be of no help in this situation. I'll open your question up to

all the experts. One of them may know of a way to resolve this.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm here to help with this issue. If the printer is currently connected to your computer via a wireless setup or USB connection we may be able to reset the language through the web portal.

- On your working computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7f8f7458-2ac3-45f3-bff0-0026b3e9b1e4
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Were you able to try to click the link?

When you return please let me know. We should be able to connect the printer to your computer and change the language settings through the software.

Are you available yet?