Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Should windows 10 search for updates take hours tofinish,

Customer Question

should windows 10 search for updates take hours tofinish
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: hpOmni modle=bt569aa#aba
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I tried once with 10
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just dose it take a long time to find up dates??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 3 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

No , the actual SEARCH should not take hours - the DOWNLOAD (after the search) can take a while if you have a slow internet connection. However, if the SEARCH takes that long, there surely is a problem with a possibly corrupted Windows Update / WinSXS.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too, because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text based chat instead, just let me know please.

Please reply at the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck