Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I'm using CrashPlan backup program to back up server data to

Customer Question

I'm using CrashPlan backup program to back up server data to my computer. But it won't connect due to firewall blocking, so I added crashplan through window filrewall but still not connecting. If I turn off the firewall then it gets connected and start baking up the files but I don't feel safe to turn off server's firewall. How should I fix this issue?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 12 days ago.

Lets find the exact ports Crash Plan is using, and open only those ports for incoming AND outgoing traffic , on each computer or workstation that needs to use crashplan.

This page will help you identify the ports

https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/4/Troubleshooting/Identifying_Ports_Used_By_The_Code42_CrashPlan_App

If you cant find the port, or you are unsure how to allow tcp and udp for incoming and outgoing connections, in windows firewall for a specific port, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
After removing the windows.old, reboot the computer but it says operating system not found. Please advise
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry wrong massage, I'm planing to try your instruction when I go to work
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 days ago.

Understood, Remember the concept here is we only open just the ports that are needed for crash plan..

That way your firewall is still up, but the program is allowed through.. If you run into any issues let me know.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can you kindly give me more specific step by step instruction, the link that you gave me has too much information.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 days ago.

What exact version number of crash plan are you using on the server, and workstations?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
4.8.0_Wind64 for desktop and 4.8.0_Win for server
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 days ago.

Thank you , and my apologies for the delay.. I was off during the day shift today and have just started the night shift..

I have a bit of catching up to do and once finished, Ill try to break down the needed steps in an easier to follow message.

D.S

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok, please
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello, I'm still waiting for your response.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Dustin, it's been many days I've been waiting??
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Dustin, if you can't answer my question, kindly turn it over to other expert, I've been waiting for many days....