Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

We purchased a "license" that allows up to 10 people to

Customer Question

We purchased a "license" that allows up to 10 people to skype in at one time. The signal starts strong, then kicks out. Upon redial, the signal starts strong, then kicks out, and so on. It's very frustrating for those watching the church service and those in our video booth.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I'm not sure what you're asking. It's a desktop that is connected to the skype set up.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I believe updates are automatically installed. What specifically would need updating to address this issue?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kevin T replied 6 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 6 months ago.

What service provider are you using?

Regards

Kevin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm hesitant to provide you with more information without knowing how it will help answer my question.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Kevin:
No, secure remote assistance is not needed. Some suggestion as to why this might be happening will give me some confidence that communicating with you is worthwhile.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay.
Expert:  Elgin Vega replied 6 months ago.

Hello.

Thank you for using Justanswers.com

1. Please confirm if other computer on the network suffer the same problem

2. Are you conected wireless?

3. Is there other programs running at the same time?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning:
This is the only computer using skype. There have been no reports of issues with any other computers at the time skype is being used.
We are hardwired.
Powerpoint, windows incoder #9, Easy Worship (slides are set up prior to the service so there is no internet draw during the service), but nothing has changed from the time Skype worked well.
Also, I thought your responses were to come here AND to my email. If they had come to my email, I could respond more quickly as I can access that from home.

Ok try this,

Close the skype (completely)

Press the windows key + R and type %appdata%\skype.

Delete the Shared.xml.

Then restart skype and test the videocall.

Let me know if works

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will pass this instruction along to our guys for Sunday morning and will let you know the result next Tuesday when I have their feedback and I'm back in the office.

Ok, Ill be waiting for the result

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Elgin:
It will be helpful if you can explain what the suggested process will do and why it might work.

I made a research and it seems like other user have experienced the same problem, in some cases it got resolved with the process of delete the xml file.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please explain what the xml file is and what its function is.

It is a file that control incoming connections.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How will deleting it help? Whatever detail you can provide to explain why your suggestion will work will be helpful for my understanding and in my confidence that JustAnswer is able to actually help.

In this forum where the users got a problem similar to yours, the solution is to delete the xml file

https://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-archive/I-have-very-good-Internet-but-skype-says-quot-internet/td-p/1077702/page/2

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Elgin:
Do we still have a connection?
Expert:  Elgin Vega replied 5 months ago.

yes Im here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Elgin:
The suggestion you made seems to have allowed for greater speeds in both uploading and downloading. We have not had enough opportunity to test if the problem is completely solved. Another party suggested changing the video quality from 1080 to 720, as that will also use less of the bandwidth and likely prevent the program from shutting down.
So I'll end this session, suggesting that your input was partially helpful. I'll appreciate seeing the deposit refunded to my credit card and, while I'm willing to accept that you should be compensated for the research you did on our behalf, it seems to me that, rather than being in contact with a "specialist" or "expert", the expertise is in the area of knowing which questions to ask, rather than in understanding how to solve the problem. I would propose, therefore, that a lesser fee of $25 be charged. I'm not prepared to indicate I'm dissatisfied and demand a complete refund, but technically the questions I asked were not answered.

You can get a refund in this page.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0