Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Either Microsoft or HP did an update on my computer. (I have

Customer Question

HI, Either Microsoft or HP did an update on my computer. (I have it set that none is to be done without my approving....but it did anyway). Now the computer does not recognize my password ***** log in. Thank goodness I have a second computer....I have to go to it and change my password ***** times a day to get onto my computer. I tried to set my computer (Windows 8) so I don't have to log in as I'm the only person in the house....but it did not take. Please advise how to either fix the problem or how I can make it so I don't have to log into my computer at all. Thank you.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Hi there Gloria and welcome

Can you do the following please

Press the Windows + R keyboard combination to bring up a run box, when it appears type netplwiz and hit enter.

This will open the User Accounts dialog box, which will display a list of all the users on your computer.

Select your user account from the list, then uncheck the “Users must enter a user name and password ***** use this computer” checkbox then click the apply button.

This will bring up the Automatically sign in dialog, where you will need to input your password ***** click OK.

Click OK again to close the User Accounts dialog

Does this stop having you to sign in?

Please let me know