Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

I have a line from top of screen to the botton,where can I

Customer Question

Good evening,I have a line from top of screen to the botton,where can I repair it and how much,also if I have to buy a new screen what would it cost??
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok, where can I buy new speakers for my Toshiba satellite part number pskjju- 014009, serial 5do55557m ?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: where can i find the model number written?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: very few in the last 2 months,also all updates are automatic at 3 am daily
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes,where to get or buy stickers to re-fresh the keyboard keys???can'T read or clearly see letter S, E, L, C, O, T, WHERE TO REPAIR OR BUY A NEW SCREEN?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Power down the computer and unplug all peripherals. If you are using a laptop, take its battery out by flipping it upside down and sliding the battery release latch. Press and hold the power button for 15 or 20 seconds to clear all residual power from the system. Some of the computer’s power might have been transmitting to the monitor, causing it to short out. Reconnect everything and turn the system back on to see if the lines are gone.

Unplug the monitor from the back of the computer and wait a few seconds until it displays a message “No signal.” If the no signal message also has vertical lines, you know the problem is in the monitor and not in your computer. Press the “Menu” button on the screen and then use the other buttons to browse for a “Factory Settings” mode. Select this mode to reset the monitor to its original settings. If the lines persist, the monitor may have been dropped or exposed to a magnet -- which can’t be fixed.

Reconnect and turn the computer back on. Look for the lines at boot up: if you see lines before Windows loads, the problem is either with the video card, the video connection cable -- whether HDMI or VGA -- or the monitor itself. If the lines only appear in Windows, the problem is a Windows setting -- most likely the refresh rate. Right-click on the Desktop once Windows loads and choose “Screen Resolution.” Click “Advanced Settings,” “Monitor,” and then lower the refresh rate to see if the lines disappear.

Please see if above trick works in your case. Through this we will make sure that this is hardware problem.

Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 7 days ago.

Did above solution work for you ?