Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have my 50" Vizio hooked to my PC Monitor. I play FSX

Customer Question

I have my 50" Vizio hooked to my PC Monitor. I play FSX Simulator. The picture on the TV is full screen. When I get into Flight Sim and have a cockpit panel hooked up I cannot get the TV into full screen no matter what I do. Only 2/3rds
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP 2014 a game computer
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes I have been all over that menu to figure out.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Well t his has been an issue from Flight Sim Steam Edition. I unfortunately clicked on Big Picture, and now everytime I boot up into FSX it automatically goes to 940 X 680, and I have to get into control panel to reduce everything. This could be something that NVIDIA did to my video card also when I downloaded a new driver
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the picture you get on the TV, from Flight Simulator FX, is only a '2/3rds picture', then does that mean that there are black bars on each side of the picture/screen ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No secure connect just tell me what to do in the Vizio Menu
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

Try taking the remote and pressing... um, it's a Vizio, so I'm not sure. I have to look up the details for a few minutes, please.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

Press the MENU button on the remote.

Scroll to the WIDE option on the screen, and choose OK.

That may get rid of the borders. Tell me how it goes, please. Thanks.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 days ago.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that [*******answer was helpful / provided**]

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.