Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a problem with a Samsung 5000:1 monitor. When I turn

Customer Question

Hi Andy! My name is ***** ***** I have a problem with a Samsung 5000:1 monitor. When I turn the computer on the monitor comes up for just a few seconds and then goes black. I can turn it off and back on and then the screen comes up for just a few seconds and then goes black again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

What do you see when the monitor turns on ? Can you see any text or signs of Windows loading?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The monitor model no. SyncMaster P2350

What do you see when the computer turns on ? Can you see any text or signs of Windows loading?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I see the screen that always comes up when the CPU is started but it's just a print screen, something about Windows. I can turn the monitor off and. Ack on and I see the log on screen Nd I can put in the password ***** get to the main menu but I have to turn it off and then back on to see it for a few seconds.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I get to the logon screen it does not have the correct name. It has HP.....
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have no idea what password ***** try. The regular password ***** not work.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay, on the Logon screen, I put in the password ***** a screen comes up. Luckily I was able to get a picture of it with my phone. It says "this feature requires removeable media such as a floppy disk or USB flash drive. Please insert a floppy disk or a USB flash drive and then try again."
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was able to login to the computer and get to the main screen. It it is still black after a few seconds.
Expert:  Elgin Vega replied 7 months ago.

Hi Rick.

My name is ***** ***** you for using the service.

Can you please press the menu button on the monitor when the screen is black?

Check also if the power button remain on when the screen goes black, If you can see the menu in the screen, set the factory default on the monitor and tell me if it works.

If the menu doesn't appear when the screen goes black the problem can be something physical.

Please let me know what happen with the test i recomended.