Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I use Msn for my e-mail account ([email protected]) and I am

Customer Question

I use Msn for my e-mail account (*****@******.***) and I am getting an error message (Unable to send or receive messages for the Msn account)what is the problem?
JA: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?
Customer: We are snow birds from Canada and it just started when we came back to Arizona last Thursday
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cory replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for asking your question today.

Is this on a program such as Outlook or Windows Live?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Windows live
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you can't reach me on this phone try(###) ###-####
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you.

Microsoft is having an outage with their mobile devices and Outlook server which does not affect going to their website directly but it does affect programs such as Outlook Express, mobile devices, etc.

Microsoft engineers are aware of the issue and there have been over 500complaints over the past 24 hours so they are working hard to fix the issue.Although the issue appears to be a password *****; it is not a password *****

The only thing that you can do right now is to wait out the issue while the engineers continue to fix the issue with the migration issue. Here is a direct link to view the status: https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

The Microsoft outage has been fixed. Please try using your program again and it should be working now.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Josh,
The problem with MSN has not been fixed as I still don't get any e-mails on it and I can't send any e-mails.
Also I'm not happy with the charges as I have been billed twice on the following items. Depostit $6.91 , Tech help $48.34 so I'm not happy about that.
Dave
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dave,

It is likely that a setting is wrong within Windows Live if the issue continues. Can I connect to your computer to fix it?