Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My nook is locked, will not accept pass word. cannot get any

Customer Question

Hi my nook is locked, will not accept pass word. cannot get any screen
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I do not remember long time
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no not to my knowledge
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which model Nook you are using?

Thank you

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
7 in. read forever
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

thanks, ***** ***** need to reset the Nook which will wipe all your data and return it to new. But this you cannot avoid.

To do the reset, please do the following

1. With the NOOK powered off hold down the n button (home) and Power Button until the NOOK powers on.
  2. You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  3. Press n button (home).
  4. You will be prompted to confirm. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  5. Press n button (home).
  6. A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOK will reboot automatically once complete.

Then set up the Nook again and it should now functions.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I want remote fix all payment is correct will not accept pass word have tried to reset pass word help
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

ok, but what happened when you did the instructions I gave you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Nook powered up but pass word screen window was on screen could not get it off do not know pass word did not change it
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

thanks, ***** ***** need you please to do the instructions I gave you

I will repeat them again below

3. Press n button (home).
  5. Press n button (home).

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The same thing is happening pass word window is on screen can not Get it off will not go to home
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

First, are you sire the Nook is powered off, so hold power and select Power off.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The pass word window is still there cannot get passed it. are you going to remote? have tried instructions same issue
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

no, the payment failed for the remote.

But I need you please to focus on the questions I have been asking you.

I will again repeat

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
nook is off What else do I need to do pass word screen still there when powered up???
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

ok, now that it is off.

hold down the n button (home) and Power Button until the NOOK powers on.

You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue

Tell em when you are there

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Followed instructions still cannot get home or factory Reset dialog pass word window still blocking
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted. The password ***** ***** the issue here, it should have resetted with my instructions

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Nook to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can you give me address to return nook it was a gift. How or who can I contact?? You're service and you have been great thanks joe glenn
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

It will need to go back to the place of purchase, so you will need to check with them where they purchased it from. They can then see based on the serial number if the warranty is still valid

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the service rating

Thank you