Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I typed a document up last night. Did not name it or save

Customer Question

i typed a document up last night. Did not name it or save it. Put the pc to sleep and went out. Got ready to print it couldn't find it. It is very important a d I hope not to have to type it again. I am 74 yrs old and all this typing puts a strain on my eyes. Please help me.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell inspiron laptop.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you still have Word open on the computer now? Or you closed it?

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,