Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I tried to install a Canon Inkjet Pixma MX490 series and

Customer Question

Hi, I tried to install a Canon Inkjet Pixma MX490 series and looked for it in the Windows Canon list of Printer drivers but this one was not there. I needed to know if Windows can update their Canon list and add the above mentioned Printer to the Canon Printer list. Is it possible? Thanks Pearl for helping me with this problem.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: My computer is an Acer Aspire E11 Laptop and currently using Windows 8.1 version
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You can get the driver downloaded and installed from my link below

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx-series/pixma-mx490

Which allows you to install the printer on your computer

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you