IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I bought a Toshiba 4k ultrahd for my grandson. His father

Customer Question

I bought a Toshiba 4k ultrahd for my grandson. His father then came home from being overseas and saw his 12 year old was the administrator . He changed so that he the father was the administrator , but something went wrong and all the minecrafts and educational items are on the admin's and not on the grandson's and we cannot figure out how to get all the apps on to the grandson's
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

It looks like your grandson's father created a new Windows user account and set it as a standard user account with no administrator privileges, but that new Windows user account doesn't have any apps installed. To solve the problem, your grandson's father needs to switch accounts - use the new account for himself and set it as administrator, and use the original account for your grandson and set it as a standard account.

If he doesn't know how to do it, let me know. I am here for further assistance.

Regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have the computer but am not on that computer Can I do this or should I go on that computer and you come intyo it and fix itHow are you going to come into the other , ie the computer that needs to be fixed?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

I can either provide you with the written instructions on how to switch the accounts and change the accounts type as I suggested, or I can remotely access that computer and do the changes myself.

Let me know what you would prefer.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Are you still here? I am not sure if you received my last reply. Here it is again:

Let me know what you would prefer.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,