Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Get an error message to contact Microsoft regarding problem

Customer Question

get an error message to contact Microsoft regarding problem with my account. Program closes within 5 seconds.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell computer I have no idea what program I am operating - Microsoft 7 is program I think or maybe 9. I am 77 years old - not too computer and my husband was the computer person and has since died. could be I owe for some update and it is in his name or was using his debit card to pay but now needs my card number.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not to my knowledge although I was getting a message to update outlook (?) but I ignored the message. They may have automatically finally updated it.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 14 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

No such Microsoft program will do as you described. The window is most likely a scamware or virus program that is trying to scam you out of a payment or two. You may ignore the message and continue. If you wish, I can remotely connect to your system, scan for any issues and remove them.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason