s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

My forgot my Administrator password, I cant say exactly

Customer Question

My forgot my Administrator password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I cant say exactly cause it was done by some dumbo IT guy and he doesn't even remember.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no because I need the Admin pass word . the computer is practically uselss just operates as on basic functions
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: lol I really need to get that account open cause my bro has a really important interview on Tuesday and he needs to access the information on that ccount.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What admin password ***** you looking for please explain the problem a bit more in detail

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
okay
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
There are two accounts one is an Administrator account and the other a User account . I am currently logged into the User account and need to access the Adminstrator
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

the user account which it has does it have the admin rights?

Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

Basically you are unable to login to the admin account correct?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Windows 7?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is that what you mean ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

yes that is correct.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don't, leave it blank, click “Ok”. Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If that does not work and I switch off my computer I would I still be able to access you .
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

once you are back in windows screen open www.justanswer.com or access your email and look for justanswer email the chat will reopen from the email.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What is the WIN button ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

Windows button located at the bottom left of the keyboard between the Ctrl and Alt keys

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
is it that I am typing control user password ***** ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

When you press the windows and R key together it should come up with a box where you can type in user password ***** hit enter.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
therefore I am entering a new password.
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

correct.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
okay gonna try it.
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

alright.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Tried it its not working
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am not even able to pass step one, I pressed Ctrl Alt Del (2) and nothing. All I saw is is the profile to be logged in. Is this a scam?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello ?????
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

If this is not working then you will have to opt for a different way to reset the admin password ***** custom password ***** Mostly they are paid however i will give you a free version with steps to try.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 14 days ago.

hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'm gonna take over for this for you, I'm sorry if Michelle's information lacked clarity or depth to you. In these cases where the administrative password ***** been forgotten on Windows 7, except for REALLY in depth procedures, using a software called "Hiren's Ultimate Boot CD" and requiring some deep technical knowledge, it's going to be near impossible to do this. My BEST suggestion to you, is to procure a copy of the Windows 7 installation media, and reinstall windows. You can do this by installing over top of the existing installation which will preserve the data you're looking to save, by tossing in c:\windows.old\users\useraccount\Documents (or related folder, photos, videos, etc).... If you need any more help on this note, let me know and i'll try to direct you the best i can.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 14 days ago.

I can try to point you towards some places to gather installation media too, just let me know.