s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

My forgot my Administrator password, I cant say exactly

Customer Question

My forgot my Administrator password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I cant say exactly cause it was done by some dumbo IT guy and he doesn't even remember.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no because I need the Admin pass word . the computer is practically uselss just operates as on basic functions
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: lol I really need to get that account open cause my bro has a really important interview on Tuesday and he needs to access the information on that ccount.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What admin password ***** you looking for please explain the problem a bit more in detail

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
okay
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are two accounts one is an Administrator account and the other a User account . I am currently logged into the User account and need to access the Adminstrator
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

the user account which it has does it have the admin rights?

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Basically you are unable to login to the admin account correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Windows 7?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is that what you mean ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

yes that is correct.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don't, leave it blank, click “Ok”. Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If that does not work and I switch off my computer I would I still be able to access you .
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

once you are back in windows screen open www.justanswer.com or access your email and look for justanswer email the chat will reopen from the email.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is the WIN button ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Windows button located at the bottom left of the keyboard between the Ctrl and Alt keys

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is it that I am typing control user password ***** ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

When you press the windows and R key together it should come up with a box where you can type in user password ***** hit enter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
therefore I am entering a new password.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

correct.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
okay gonna try it.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

alright.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tried it its not working
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not even able to pass step one, I pressed Ctrl Alt Del (2) and nothing. All I saw is is the profile to be logged in. Is this a scam?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello ?????
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

If this is not working then you will have to opt for a different way to reset the admin password ***** custom password ***** Mostly they are paid however i will give you a free version with steps to try.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 5 months ago.

hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'm gonna take over for this for you, I'm sorry if Michelle's information lacked clarity or depth to you. In these cases where the administrative password ***** been forgotten on Windows 7, except for REALLY in depth procedures, using a software called "Hiren's Ultimate Boot CD" and requiring some deep technical knowledge, it's going to be near impossible to do this. My BEST suggestion to you, is to procure a copy of the Windows 7 installation media, and reinstall windows. You can do this by installing over top of the existing installation which will preserve the data you're looking to save, by tossing in c:\windows.old\users\useraccount\Documents (or related folder, photos, videos, etc).... If you need any more help on this note, let me know and i'll try to direct you the best i can.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 5 months ago.

I can try to point you towards some places to gather installation media too, just let me know.