Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I plugged in my phone last night in the car to charge it and

Customer Question

I plugged in my phone last night in the car to charge it and it auto factory reset it. I have tried getting back on and it keeps taking me back to my google log on screen. Took it to Verizon and they said Google has locked it up as if it had been stolen. It has not been stolen and I need my phone back, please. My cell number is(###) ###-####
JA: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: I don't know if I got that. I just was able to get on to my google account. But I was able to get on through another phone, to my google email account.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I have not. I am on facebook a lot and look at videos.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it. Just really need to be able to use the phone.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

This is an android phone correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is and android phone
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

in that case you must have a gmail address to login to the account let me know what error you get when you try to login to the google account.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
From the phone? When I try it takes me back to the login screen
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I type in my gmail address and it takes me to the password ***** I type in my password ***** it takes me right back to the Welcome screen
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

are you able to login successfully to the gmail account?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On the computer I can. It will not let me log in from my phone
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

the phone has already been reset automatically and you must have nothing to backup right now is that correct.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried again and it just keeps going to the Verify your account page
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Try to logout from the gmail on your pc and then login and let me know if you can login successfully.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It signs me in on the computer just fine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I do the secure remote assistance, do you really think you can fix the phone?
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.
  1. Hold down the volume up button, the home button, and the power button at once until the Android recovery screen appears.
  2. Press volume down four times until wipe date/factory reset is highlighted.
  3. Press the power button once.

Power off the phone before you try the steps.

Remote access will not help in this case.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The home button is the button on the bottom in the center correct? Because I am holding them all down and it is only taking me to power off or restart
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Watch the video from 1:27 mins onwards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I watched the video and I did what it said. It took me to the set up wizard and I went through the google sign on. Took me to password. Put in the password ***** right back where I was again....
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

is it not accepting the password?

Try to enable view password ***** then type just to make sure the keyboard is accepting the key you punch in.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It does not show and enable view of the password ***** see what I type. I watched carefully as I typed it in and it still took me back to the same screen again
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

what is the error you get after entering the password?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will try again. To let you know exactly what is says
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please sign in using one of the owners accounts for this device. Then it takes me back to where I have to enter the gmail account address
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Should I try another one of the gmail accounts? Like, my Mom is the main number on the account for the phones.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

use another gmail username and account to login and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sheesh...takes me right back to the verify your account screen....
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

give me the exact error message you get.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please sign in using one of the owners accounts for this device
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

please follow the instructions below:

1. Open Gmail from a browser and only sign into the account you're trying to add. Be sure to be signed out of all your other accounts

2. Go to this link: https://accounts.google.com/b/0/displayunlockcaptcha and click Continue.

3. Open your phone's settings

4. Scroll down to account and click Add account

5. Choose Google>>Existing>>Sign in

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is a message I got on my Mom's account from my phone trying to log in using hers. Do you still want me to follow the steps you just sent?New sign-in from Samsung Galaxy Note 5Hi Karla,
Your Google Account***@******.*** was just used to sign in on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.Karla Faulkner***@******.***Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Monday, November 21, 2016 4:42 AM (GMT)
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

that means you are able to login to the phone using the second gmail account is that correct

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I still cannot get past the google gmail login
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cannot open anything on the phone. Only the setup wizard and it takes me only through language, gmail address and then to the password ***** in and it takes me directly back to the gmail address sign in.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

when you try to sign in with the other gmail account does it allow to sign in or goes back to the same error message?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Goes back to the same error message. It keeps giving notification sounds like I am getting notifications on the phone.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

you will need to get the note to any Samsung service center and get the firmware updated. Firmware is not available on the internet as its custom software from Samsung.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is kinda really messed up then? Does it seem like a virus?
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

not a virus but the phone software is gone haywire as it requires a firmware update to get it working again.

We have tried out the best possible ways to get it fixed however it requires a firmware update to get it fixed.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Feel free to ask if you have any question. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you