Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a Microsoft Surface Tablet. I have a problem with the

Customer Question

I have a Microsoft Surface Tablet. I have a problem with the power chord that attaches to the computer. The magnetic strip at the end of the chord no longer lights up when attached to the socket on the computer. Can this be repaired or do I need to buy a new one?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Surface 2. operating system is Windows RT
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

How old is it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
3 years old.
Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

you mean the ac adapter and the magnetic connector which connects the pro 2 is not powering on the surface pro is that correct?

Expert:  Michelle replied 14 days ago.

unplug the adapter fromt the surface pro and then Push and hold down the power button on the surface pro for 45 seconds and release it.

Connect the adapter and let me know if there is any sign of power led comes on or not. Try to plug in the adapter to another wall socket just to make sure the wall socket has good power.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi MichIele. I have not forgotten about you. I am not able to address your recommendation with my problem at this time. I will be able to do that tomorrow (Wed:). I will respond to you at that time.
Expert:  Michelle replied 12 days ago.

Not a problem take you time and let me know what time tomorrow you will be online.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Michelle,
I unplugged the adapter from the surface pro and then pushed and held down the power button on the surface pro for 45 seconds and release it. I did this and the problem still persists. When I turn on the computer now the battery icon appears. It needs to be recharged. Before Windows appeared.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Michelle,
I am responding to your instructions of November 20. I unplugged the adapter from the surface pro and then pushed and held down the power button on the surface pro for 45 seconds and release it. I did this and the problem still persists. When I turn on the computer now the battery icon appears. It needs to be recharged. Before Windows appeared.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 days ago.

please plug in the adapter again and let me know if it shows to be charging or not

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Per your message of Nov. 25th, I plugged in the adapter again and it is not charging.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 days ago.

you would need to get the apadter checked using a volt meter whether its producing dc output or not.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok I will get the adapter checked tomorrow (Mon) using a volt meter. I will let you know the results.
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 days ago.

Alright.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Michele,
Thank you, ***** ***** is solved. I will no longer need your service.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 days ago.

Feel free to ask if you have any question. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you