Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

My problem is with my iphone. I just updated and now seem to

Customer Question

My problem is with my iphone. I just updated and now seem to be locked out of my phone. forgot my password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I last reset the username and password ***** months ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: this is the problem. I just hit the prompt for updates this evening and this is when the problem started.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am going through my computer because I am unable to use my iphone since after all the updates they needed a password ***** i forgot
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bob James replied 5 months ago.

This is Bob. I'll do my best to help.

I'm guessing that the iPhone is wanting you to sign in using your Apple ID after the update. If this is true, and you don't remember your Apple ID password, this should help.

First, you may or may not know what your Apple ID is - it is actually an email address and it should appear on the screen that is requiring your password.

Next, go to https://appleid.apple.com

you should see where to login with your Apple ID and password, please enter the email address from the first step. Then enter a password ***** you would have used, you might need to try a few. At some point you should be presented with something like "Forgot your password?" - click that link and follow through the steps to regain access to your Apple ID.

Once you've successfully reset your Apple ID password, go back to the iPhone and proceed with the post-update setup by logging in with your Apple ID and password.

I do hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Bob

Just following up on this. Was my advice useful, or do you need more assistance. I want to make sure I've done all I can to help.

Thanks,

Bob

Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 5 months ago.

Dear Client,

please let us know if you need more help or if we were already able to help you. If so, I would be happy if you could rate with 3 to 5 stars at the right top of the screen and then click "Submit".

Thank you so very much,

Lorenz Vauck