Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am unable to download an HP app from the Windows 10 app

Customer Question

I am unable to download an HP app from the Windows 10 app store. My Officejet 8600 says I have to download the app to scan to my computer. The Error code is: Ox80072EE7 (in case I need it) I guess I do. Also below the Error XCode is: CV:3v:LySYx2VEua?jCo Would Aappreciatre any help!!!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Officejet Pro 8600N911g Dell 8300 Desktop KIntel it 2600 CPU 3,40GHz Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Alos having trouble downloading updates. Computer keeps telling me Unable to Connect. E-mail and other downlaods seem to work OK.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I have a guess in mind as to what is wrong with you computer, but I think I should confirm a few details before explaining what to do... so let me ask you, please:

- have you downloaded and installed any other apps lately, aside from the HP app that gave you the error message (? or is that error message on the computer, and does the app have no problem whatever? Either way, what is the HP app in question called, please?)

- do you have any security software on your computer, such as McAfee, TrendMicro, Symantec, Norton software, etc. ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don't remember downloading anything recently. I was not able to download the HP app. Was not able to connect to the App Store. Actually, have not been able to downloan updates s at all. Keep getting "Not respoding Mesages". Not sure what Security I hace other then Iobit and Avast
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No offense, but I am not comfortavble with that. Had a bad experince with an AOL Tech Expert who screwed up my computer after accessing it. They never fixed it right.

Please ignore the solicitation for remote control service (or whatever it was that you received.)

Is the "Error code is: Ox80072EE7" on your printer? or on your computer screen?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
on the computer screen. The 2nd number is: CV:3vLySYx2VEua/jCo

OK. That is usually an HP software error.

You also have trouble with Windows Updates, but you do have Avast... check whether your Avast software is both of the following:

A. enabled, both firewall *and* anti-virus, and

B. updated to current levels... if not updated, update it, and run a Deep Scan or a Full Scan, on the C: Hard Drive.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I disconnected by mistake. Trying to find out where the firewall info is. Windows 7 was much more user friendly for me. 10 is bad.

Go to

Control Panel

Security Center

and that will tell you your Firewall software status, whether it is turned On at least.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also Edge does not respond when I try to yupdate anything. Gives me the Not Responding Message:Everything is Checked
Internet Security Setting, Network Firewall, User Account Contro;, Virus Proection, Smart Screen (whatever that is)

The evidence (that 0x8etc.etc. error, the Not Responding messages) is that your computer has corrupted software or a virus. But: you have Avast.

Open Avast, the program (it should be a program, not just a minor plugin in your browser or that minor an entity.)

Look at its settings, as to whether it is fully updated, and whether a complete scan, or a full scan, has been completed lately.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Opened the Avast File Says "You Are Protected" and "Everything Is Up To Date".Does not say when Last Scan was done so I started a New Scan. SCAN COMPLETED: Compatability Check=OK, Viruses=OK, Outdatde Software=NOT OK Updateed Mozilla Fireffox=NOW OK, Bad Reputation Browser Add ons=OK, Network Threats=OK, Perfromance Issues-NOT OK= FIXED , Weak Passwords=AVERAGE,

OK.

The one serious issue is Windows Update, obviously.

Try opening Internet Explorer.

Then go to Windows Update there.

Then see if you can run Windows Update, get Critical Updates, install them, etc.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Windows Update Status-"Your Device is Up To Date. Last Checked: Today at 11:44 AM. Last Update for Windows 10
was 11-9-2016.

Then there isn't much of a problem for Windows Update.

So why were you getting Not Responding messages? or were those from Windows Update, really?

Your SCAN seemed to go by way too fast.

Was it a Quick Scan? you need to do a Full Scan... one that lasts 10 minutes at very least.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The problem started awhile ago. It has to do something with Microsoft Edge. Does not work at all. When anyone instructs me to Update a file, when I check OK, the system automatically brings up Edge to do the update. With Edge I always get the "not Responding" Error Message.

Microsoft Edge is often cranky (has been the impression I have gotten.)

Edge won't open at all, then?

If not, then there is a cure for that, and for the 'failed update, Not Responding' sort of thing. (Thanks to your last, and thorough, description.)