Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Tablet will not charge. charger is good and so is cord. have

Customer Question

tablet will not charge . charger is good and so is cord. have two of these tablets. problem started two weeks ago ,slow at charging took 48 hrs to charge, discharges fast.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?
Customer: D2-861G
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no , wife uses it to play games.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this moment, unit is 13 months old
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Since both tablets started this at the same time, and are behaving the same way.. Whats had to happen is a software update came in, and messed up the battery charging functions / firmware.

Here is what I would suggest.. Backup either to google photos or to a pc any pictures, files or photos you have on one of the tablets. Then, once you have your data saved. Factory reset the device as show below

http://visihow.com/Factory_Reset_a_Digital2_D2-751G_Tablet

After the reset, test the charging function. If it still wont charge properly we will have to consider downgrading to a previous version of android OS.

So keep me posted and let me know how this goes, thank you.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.