Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

The wire that goes with the sound came out and I don't know

Customer Question

The wire that goes with the sound came out and I don't know where to put it back in at. There's no place for it on the monitor or the tower, but there's another box that we got from Mediacom but I don't know what to call it. I just want to be able to get the sound as I teach some classes and need the sound on the computer.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I don't know what operating system it is. The tower is Dell I think, the monitor is LG and the other long rectangular box is from Mediacom. Where can I find what the operating system is?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: My computer updates things automatically but I haven't personally updated anything. The only thing I need to know is which hole the wire(I think it might be part of the ethernet wire. The wire end looks like it goes into a phone jack, but I know it's not that. I just need to know where (which hole to put the wire into) There are two gray ones at the side and several yellow ones. All are on the back of this box which has s symbol at the top(looks like a closed e or o with a circle around it.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I need to know. It's one of those things that should only take a minute or two once I know which "hole" to plug it into.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

You should have several round jacks on the back of the tv which look like a headphone port, they are usually color coded, do you see a GREEN one there? If so, plug the speaker wire into it, and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.