Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How do I get rid-of unwanted flags which come onto my screen

Customer Question

How do I get rid-of unwanted flags which come onto my screen when ever start-up my computer.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 17 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What are these "flags"? Does it let you close them?

Does it affect you from using your Windows 10 computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
These "flags" can be advertising software, which will scan my computer. I already have adequate protection, and don't them. I can close these "flags" but I have to do it each time I start-up my computer; Its a nuisance to say the least.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks for your offer, however for a number of reasons. I would prefer not to take up your offer. Thanks for your time and consideration.
Kind Regards: Basil Griffin

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

When did this issue first occur?

Did you download / install anything recently that may have caused this issue? Have you tried to uninstall any bad program?

Are you able to open Control Panel on your computer?

Please let me know your option: direct remote support, or written instructions. We guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Viet,
I;m sorry I cannot accept your offer (incidentally) I did reply already to you. It must have gone astray somewhere. I gave a tip of $20.
Australian, to Richard. Thanks I can live with problem, which really doesn't affect the computer, other than being a nuisance. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Josh replied 16 days ago.

Hi Basil,

Would you like written instructions to fix your problem? I know that you do not want remote assistance but I can provide you with some steps to clear up your computer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The so-called 'flags' as I wrongly named them, are according to my daughter-in-law 'pop up', which I close O.K.
Thank you for your help. The issue resolved.
Basil Griffin
Expert:  Josh replied 5 days ago.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 5 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The service provided by Josh has been excellent. I give Josh a FOUR STAR PLUS rating.
Regards ***** ***** (Sydney, Australia)
Expert:  Josh replied 4 days ago.
Basil,At the top or bottom of this page is an actual star rating system. You will need to click on it and press Submit. Please do not reply back with "4 stars"