Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Order noincluded Office 2016. There was no software included

Customer Question

order no###-##-####included Office 2016. There was no software included in the box - 3 people checked. I paid for the software and I now need the key to activate the trial version. I have sent the Dell agent that I delt with 2 emails with no result and now he is away until November 21. The trial ends on November 21. Can I have the key
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: 7040
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No the computer CAME WITH THE TRIAL LOADED
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 23 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 23 days ago.

Are you certain its a Dell agent that you spoke with when you ordered the software.

Please be absolutely specific, from what exact website did you order the software?

Did you receive an emailed receipt? Do you still have those receipts?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I am. The web site was Dell.com.au and the sales person was P Harish Chandarn> I want the key so I can reload the program if I need to do so
Expert:  Dustin replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for clarifying..

I am assuming you already have the program loaded, Office 2016?

If so, let me correct a misunderstanding you have. Starting with office 2013 but mainly with 2016, Microsoft does not use keys exlusively anymore.

Instead, they use usernames and passwords, as keys can be faked, or otherwise stolen or altered.

So, what we need to focus on is what is the email address for the microsoft account that you need in order to reinstall office 2016 down the road.

So if you have office installed, you should be able to open word or another office program and click

‘File’ >Accounts

It should show the email address / account that your office ( key ) is tied to.

Then, to reinstll office down the road, you go to this page http://www.office.com/myaccount

Sign in using your office accounts registered email address and password.

And then click to download or install office.

So what you need here is in reality, to know the email address that your office is registered to, as long as you have that then you can always sign in down the road should you need to download office again.

If you get stuck, or have any further questions, let me know.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you do not need help, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to answer your questions. If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.