Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Skype for Desktop PC. Win7 and Win10

Customer Question

Skype for Desktop PC.
Win7 and Win10
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Since yesterday Skype desktop does not send/receive messages, or allow status change.
See screenshot. (microsoft's blue waiting circle of death)
I have tried rebooting computer, and reinstalling Skype.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I also tried:
"To reset all Skype settings.
Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata% and then press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old.If you are on the latest Skype 6.5/6.6/6.7/6.9/6.10/6.11 version, then do also this:Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %temp%\skype and then press Enter or click the OK button. Delete the DbTemp folder.
Restarted Skype."
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Those steps did not work.
The status icon next to my profile picture just keeps grinding, and I can't send messages.
(is it possible the newest version of skype doesn't like my privacy settings? or is it something else?)
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 5 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? I am pretty certain I will get your Skype working again this way. This is a very safe option too, because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can not allow remote option.

Thank you and I totally understand. I am opting out for other experts to help you instead. Thank you again.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

let me know when you are ready i can walk you through to fix the problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok, please let me know the steps.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Uninstall Skype completely from the safe mode windows and try to use revo uninstaller and remove it completely from the computer.

Reboot computer after removal and the download a new version of Skype and install it. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need the steps
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

did you follow the uninstall steps?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am waiting for you to give them to me.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Click here to download and install skype

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

let me know i you find any problem installing it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
followed all steps for reinstall, still does not work.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will try some more things on my end.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
next to my profile picture, where it normally shows my online status, is just blue spinning arrows.
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Blue spin arrow means its trying to login, either the password ***** ***** good or it has a problem with the connection.