Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My microsoft word expired in September. Since I had never

Customer Question

My microsoft word expired in September. Since I had never had a program expire on me I thought it was a scam. I eventually ordered Microsoft Office 365 In October which was sent to me on line. However, a scam took over my computer at the time so I wasn't able to try and get into it for about a month. I have tried to get it on my computer so I can write letters, etc. but none of the passwords work and I don't have any Word program. What should I do? Is there someplace where I should go to have a professional put it on my computer. Marilyn
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP Pavilion purchased in September 2015.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No!
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have had to have someone check my computer almost on a day to day basis for bugs. I am not sure there isn't still some on it.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 20 days ago.

Dear Marilyn,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

Are you currently still able to log into your computer so that you can access Windows and programs there or are you completely locked out?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

Hello Marilyn, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I see you never responded and the previous expert opted out. If you still need help with this issue, Im a professional and I can connect to your computer, ensure its running correctly, and personally get your Office / Word programs installed and running for you.

Do you still need help with this issue? If so, please respond. Otherwise, please send us a reply saying you do not want to continue, so that we can close this support request.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I just answered your question and my computer stopped working. Sorry! In October Microsoft told me my code was for [email protected] and code(###) ###-#### Who ever was helping me at the time found this did not work. I ordered and received the message that I could put Office 365 on my computer but them the bugs took over and my computer quit on me. Now I can't get this to work. I don't need all of Office but I really need Word.
Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

Understood.

I will be traveling for the next hour but then I will be at my desk.

At or after that point, If you would like I can help you get to the bottom of this issue. So please message me later today if you want to work on this today, or if today doesnt work for you we can schedule for the coming week.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I won't be home the rest of the day. I won't be available until Wednesday morning. Thanks for wanting to help.
Expert:  Dustin replied 17 days ago.

Im free Wednesday Morning.

Im also on the east coast US, and normally get started around 9 am. Though, If needed I can start earlier as long as we discuss it ahead of time.

When you figure out a window of time on Wednesday that works for you, let me know. And we can schedule to reconnect then.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

Hello again, I havent heard from you for a while. Did you still need help with this issue or not?

If you still need help, please send a reply so we can continue working on the issue.

Thanks again,

Dustin S.