Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

To open ITunes I have to restart my HP Notebook Windows 10.

Customer Question

To open ITunes I have to restart my HP Notebook Windows 10. During startup error message "Driver Powerstate Failure" comes on and then gets me in. But it only lasts for about 2 or 3 attempts and I have to restart again. Same error. ?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running? What confuses you?
Customer: HP Notebook CDN521499H. Windows 10.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I am on auto updates. ibeen having this problem for about a year and a half since I bought it. Talked to hp a number of times (India I think). They would take over for about 45 minutes. Wouldn't see much of a change. Finally they started asking for a very expensive plan after my warranty expired.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

Can you tell me the age of the laptop ?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
About 1.5 years
Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

I am sorry, I could not accept the remote support offer due to payment failure. Anyway, do you remember, when this problem started ?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have 2 pending payments on my VISA from earlier today. You have the right information.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

Your bank will call you to release the payment, but remote support is no needed at this point of time because the problem you are facing can be caused due to hardware as well as a software problem. So, first I have to make sure, the reason for this problem. Please let me know, when did the problem start.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Basically ever since purchase. I went on HP suppprt 3 times while under warranty. They took control. Seemed to work but revert in about week. I gave up because I had a way around it be restarting. But I stumbled on your website and decided to take a chance.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

Unfortunately,these multinational companies only try to sell their product and after that, the support is worst and they just try to avoid to change any spare is needed, that is why they just solved the problem temporarily. I am also facing this same problem with my own PC and it seems the problem is with some chipset on the motherboard, it can be the sound, graphics, USB anything. So, the only solution for this problem is replacing the motherboard. If you have a desktop then, the replacement cost could have been cheaper, but in a laptop the replacement cost will be much higher. But, there is another way to confirm if this is a hardware problem or not, that is to resetting the laptop to factory defaults, if you do not face this problem after that and the problem start appearing after some days of using it then, the problem can be caused due to some windows update. Let me know, if you need any further information otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I talked to my credit card comp. the last 2 charges for 39 used the wrong 3 digit number code. The 5 & 31 had it right. I had them let one of the 39s go through. Should I go back and cancel the 39?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 22 days ago.

Yes, you can cancel the last charge, as remote support was not used.