IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I'm trying to reset my computer to an earlier date, Toshiba

Customer Question

I'm trying to reset my computer to an earlier date
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Toshiba satellite - windows 8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'v been having problems with size of type, etc and off center for pages
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 16 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 16 days ago.

Do you want me to provide you the instructions for System Restore to restore the computer to an earlier date, or you have already tried with System Restore, but it didn't work?

Let me know,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have not been able to locate system restore for a previous date
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just tell me how, thanks
Expert:  IT Miro replied 16 days ago.

No problem. Here is how to access and use System Restore:

1. Enter Desktop and move the mouse cursor to the bottom right corner and you will see a new pane. Click on Search

2. There type system restore and then click the Settings

3. Click the Create a restore point

4. The System Properties window will open. There click the System Restore... button

5. When the System Restore window opens, you can select Recommended Restore which is usually one or two days old. To see all available restore points, select Choose a different restore point and click Next

6. Select one restore point to restore to a date it was created, and then click Next

7. To confirm, click Finish. Windows 8 will then attempt to restore all Windows and program settings to the date you selected

Note that this process won't delete or restore any personal files. At the end of the restoration, Windows will restart the computer and, upon next log in, it will show whether the restoration was successfully completed or not. If it failed, you can try with another restore point.

When the restoration completes, check the results.

I hope this helps! If not, let me know and I will check for further options.

Regards,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I do not have a pane in the lower corner to get to search
Expert:  IT Miro replied 16 days ago.

A new pane will appear when you move the mouse cursor to the far bottom right corner or to the far top corner. In case it still doesn't show up, you can press the Ctrl and F keys on the keyboard at the same time, and the Search box will appear. You can then continue with the instructions.