Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

You sent a message saying something unusual about a recent

Customer Question

You sent a message saying something unusual about a recent sign-in at***@******.*** and I can't review recent activities or verify my account. I had an original security code 28130 which was rejected and you sent me a new code(###) ###-####at my wife's e-mail address***@******.*** and it was also refused. I'm getting very frustated.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: No, this is what I'm trying to do now.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just regular updates that I'm told need updating which happens often. Why can't you inform me of what you are referring to.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you now try to sign into your account, what is the exact message you receive?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
You sent me a code a few minutes ago after I paid with M/C and nothing works.
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can sign in yo my e-mail account with no issues but I can't verify what was suggested since it does not accept my code.
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Sorry but what exactly are you referring to when you say " I can't verify what was suggested since it does not accept my code."

What exactly has been suggested?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This is what the message from Microsoft says:
Verify your account
We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account [email protected] For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app.
To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you take corrective action. To regain access, you'll need to confirm that the recent activity was yours.
Review recent activity
The Microsoft account team
I feel that I'm getting absolutely nowhere as I'm just being asked to buy something. It has gotten ridiculous. I think this issue was created by an update of some sort. The unacceptable thing is that it will not accept the code it has given me. I now feel that I have given everyone too much information.
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

ok, so what happens when you do as it asks and review your recent activity?