Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Yesterday my email showed over 6000 flagged items. How it

Customer Question

Yesterday my email showed over 6000 flagged items. How it happened, I have no idea. I spoke to 2 different techs at apple. They had me do some things to rule out a with my macbook. When they had me reestablish me emails all my filed emails(in folders) are gone & they couldn't find them. they said it is an issue with google. Although my inbox was OK the folder are gone & the 6000+ flagged emails are still there.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is a 6 year old macbook which has had additional memory added. The operating system is EL capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

Click here: http://www.gmail.com

Sign into your Gmail account and check to see if the folders are shown on the left hand side. You may need to press MORE to see all of the folders

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
the folders are there but empty the 6000+Flagged are still there
Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

On the left hand side, if you click on Trash -- Are the missing emails there?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
no just my regular trashed messages
Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

Did you take your computer into an Apple store or spoke to them over the phone?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
This is a land line. Do you need my cell? It is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Help was done over the phone
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
what do you want me to do now?
Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

Within the flagged emails, do you see emails from the folders that are empty?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

Okay, so the emails are not missing but they are stuck in the flagged state. I am going to accept your remote assistance request now so that I can connect to fix the issue

Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

Unfortunately, payment has failed for the remote assistance. Usually, this is a bank issue where they put a hold on the payment until you call to verify that it is you that made the purchase. A quick phone call to them will fix the issue.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I'm not sure the lost emails are there, I saw 1 item but there are so many I'm not sure. This is an extremely annoying way of communicating. I am going to try a different approach where I can speak to a living person. Thank you for nothing!
Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

It is likely that the emails are within the flagged emails. If I am able to remote into your computer, I can view and fix the issue without any issues. Please contact your bank to correct the payment issue if you wish to continue.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Josh, I'm sure you are a good specialist. I found that using this form of communication to be an annoying process. I used Justanswer.com once before and it proved to be an expensive process, but the problem was relatively simple compared to my current problems & it was solved. This time I was trying to get to google tech support & somehow I got to you. This current problem is more complicated & it seems that justanswer.com is into making money first and foremost & then working within its parameters which I find to be very annoying. I have contacted AMEX to be sure your fee will not post to my account. Good day.
Expert:  Josh replied 22 days ago.

Okay, thanks.