IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am installing Windows 10pro and after some install it is

Customer Question

I am installing Windows 10pro and after some install it is stuck in the Express Setting. Its a loop of sorts
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Just purchased the computer
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I did. Lots of updates
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

May I know if your new computer came with Windows 10 pre-installed or it came with another operating system?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it came with Windows 10 pre-installed and I am upgrading to Pro. I have the disc and the COA for Windows 10 Pro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

OK. Is it a desktop or a laptop computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am writing from another computer and not the one I am trying to upgrade
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its a desktop
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's an HP model 750-437cb
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

OK. First, you can try this:

1. Eject the Windows 10 Pro disc if it is inserted

2. Press the power button on your computer and hold it until the computer shuts down - it should be within 5 seconds

3. Wait for about 1 minute and then power it back on by pressing the power button

Let me know if it boots to Windows 10 Home (version that came pre-installed) or something else happens?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
disc is out. I powered it down and power up again. It is back to the Express Setting
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

OK. What happens when you click on the "Use Express Settings" or "Customize" button located at the bottom?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the windows circle comes on and goes to the part where it ask about what time region do I want. I want CST then it goes back to Express Setting and it starts over and over again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In the Custom Setting it as for Personal setting like allowing HP to track my location, etc
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

OK, let's use the Windows 10 Pro disc to re-install Windows 10. To do that, follow these instructions:

1. Insert the disc and then power off the computer

2. After 10 seconds, power it back on and then immediately start pressing the F9 key on the keyboard

3. It should display the Boot Device Options screen where you can select your CD/DVD drive so that your Windows 10 Pro disc can be loaded. You can then follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 10

In case pressing the F9 key doesn't do anything, please restart your computer and try with the Esc key instead.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the following came on:
Checking Media Presence
Media Present
Start PXE over IPv6, Press ESC to abort PXE bootthen another message came onBoot Device NOt Found
Please install an operating System on your hard disk
Hark Disk-(3F0)
F2-System Diag
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Do you see that message after pressing the F9 or Esc key?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
F9
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

OK. Please restart the computer and keep pressing the F10 key now. Let me know what you see next.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HP SETUP UTILITY
File
System Info
Set time and DAte
Default Set Up
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
on the "File" row I also have Storage, Security, Advanced
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

OK. Please select File and then Advanced. Does it mention anything about "boot" or "secure boot" or "fast boot" there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
under Security it has Secure Boot Config
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

OK. You will need to disable (turn off) secure boot so that you can boot from the Windows 10 Pro disc. Please try to do that and then save the changes and restart the computer. Press the F9 key again and select your CD/DVD drive. Hopefully, it will now boot from the the Windows 10 Pro disc.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is the message that I got after hitting F9 and selected CD/DVDThe set up came up asked for Country and then Upgrade or Custom. I selected Upgrade and this message came up. I removed the dics and turned the computer off and restarted the computer. It went back to the same Express Setting message. So I started your process again. and I am back to this message:The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

It looks like some other settings needs to be changed in the BIOS (HP SETUP UTILITY) so that the Windows 10 Pro disc can be fully loaded.

Please restart the computer and then press the F10 key again. Go to File and then Storage.

Let me know if you can see Boot Order there, or something about Legacy Boot?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is a Boot Order. Should I select it
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Yes, select it and let me know what you see there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
VEFI Boot Sources
ATAPI CD/DVD Drive
Windows Boot Manager
USB hard Drive
USB Floppy/CD
VEFI:
VEFI:
Legacy Boot Sources: Disabled
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am going on 2 hours if you can't help me I can just take it to my local computer shop.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Make sure to first enable "Legacy Boot Sources". After that, put the ATAPI CD/DVD Drive at the top of the list. Save the changes and restart the computer.

Do no press anything - the Windows 10 Pro disc should be automatically loaded. If not, restart the computer and press the F9 key and select your CD/DVD drive.

Hopefully, you will now be able to re-install Windows 10.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm done. Nothing worked and I have a stack of patients charts that I need to finish. I will give you a 3 star for all your help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can i have a transcript of our conversation please
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry it didn't work. If you are in a hurry now, we can continue some other time. You can bookmark this page for easy access. This chat log will remain on this page, so you can manually copy if you want.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.