Chavez Clemons Jr
Chavez Clemons Jr,
Experience:  Owner at The I.T. General, LLC
96987887

I would like help creating a poster in Windows 10. HP, yes,

Customer Question

I would like help creating a poster in Windows 10.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 21 days ago.

Dear Client,

my name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

What kind of poster would you like to create exactly and how would you like me to help you with that?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
hi. I closed out when I saw that Just Answer wanted me to agree to $46 / month.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
then I checked my email and see that PayPal already was charged $36 . Can you explain .?

You can just ignore these offers, they are automatic by the website. You are chatting with a contractor independent expert and while I have no access to your payment details, I am here to help you with your issue. So what can I do for you?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Can I create a Poster on Windows 10, that I can create, save, email and print?

I have no access to the payment details, please call 1-***-***-**** if you need help with these details, then please come back to this question here and continue to chat with me, so that I can help you with your request.

What kind of poster are you looking for? I am not exactly sure yet what exactly you need. Do you have a huge printer to print big posters?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
nothing big,, just a simple poster, 1 picture, and a title, and some text. That I can email, or print.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
here is how the free trial works.. the first question is $36, then the next 7 days are FREE. and then the customer (ME) can continue or discontinue the service.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Here is my question: Can I create a poster in Windows 10 that I can email and print?
and how do I make this poster ? I need to include 1 photograph , a title, and some text..
Time/ Date/ Location/ Admission charge/

So you want me to create that picture for you or what exactly are you looking for? Also thanks for the explanation, I actually do know that, but I am not allowed to answer anything than the actual question, those are the rules Justanswer has. Hence I have to forward my clients to the hotline each time, sorry about that.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have the photograph saved on my computer. and I want to make a poster to email to my friends and family.

Yes, so you need someone to design that poster for you, right? A graphic designer basically.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
NO, I will design the poster. I am asking a question. Can I do this on Windows 10?

Sure, you will be able to do that on Windows 10 just like on any other Windows version. Do you want me to recommend a software where you can do that comfortably?

Are you still there?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I am, I have to go..
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
this has ta***** *****er than I thought.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
will you be around later to answer my question?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
can you send me the instructions that I can follow on Windows 10 to make a poster?
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 20 days ago.

I am here the next 7 hours, just message me again. So I understand correct that you do need a software to actually design the poster, correct?

How about I remotely connect to your PC and set you up with a image editing software there directly, so that you can start creating your poster? Would that be a good alternative? The software itself is free actually, I already think I have something good for you there. Because Windows 10 itself does not have any good image editor "out of the box", you need a extra software for that (I have a free one for you that is really good).

If you wish, you can also install it on your own, it is called GIMP and can be downloaded here:

https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/gimp-2.8.18-setup.exe

In case I was able to help you, I would be very happy about a 3 to 5 stars rating (select them at the top right corner of your screen and then click "Submit"), so that I can get honored for my work as a external contract to JustAnswer.

If I should install it for you, please just let me know and we will arrange a remote-session to your computer together.

Thank you so much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Can I send you a copy of a poster that I would like to make? I downloaded GIMP and do not know how to insert a photograph on to the page.

Well, you´d have to learn GIMP, it is a pretty big program and can do a lot of things with it. I´d suggest you start here first:

https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thanks.. got it..

Very good to hear that... yes, I am not a graphic designer myself, haha, I completely s*ck at it. What I could do is to point you to a great software to create such things (GIMP), but creating the poster, you´d have to do that on your own unfortunately:)

Please leave a rating (3 to 5 stars) for me if you can be so kind, because only then I will get paid for my work on your question by JustAnswer. And of course, if you have any questions, just let me know.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I need a simple poster with 1 photograph and about 4 lines of text to advertise a concert. This so far has cost me $36 and I am no where closer to my poster. PLease find somebody to help me.

You said you would create the poster, I already told you that I can point you to the software only and you clearly stated that you will be creating it. So what do you need now, a graphical designer that does the poster for you? That is what I asked you at the very start already. Please confirm what exactly you will need now, someone that creates the poster for you, is that correct?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am sorry.. but I am trying to make a poster using GIMP. I have made posters before, and it doesn't need to be this complicated.. Can I send you an email to show you what I need?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I guess you are not much of an expert. I know very little about computers but I know enough to know more than you.
Expert:  Chavez Clemons Jr replied 20 days ago.

I attached something that looks like what you're trying to create.

You can use the GIMP or Photoshop, but I was wondering if you had Microsoft Publisher. Microsoft Publisher works really well for creating things like these; my grandmother works with my grandfather in a photography business and uses Publisher 2003 for desktop publishing work.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** way more then what I need, but yes, this is a good example of what I am trying to create. A little leaflet to announce a small concert. I was close to finished with it in Windows Word 2016, and when I tried to save it, I accidentally deleted it.. so, I try again.

Word works okay for this kind of thing. The main issue you're going to have is placing the text properly on top of the photograph.

Microsoft Publisher makes creating this kind of thing easy; do you have that? If not, I can direct you through the main things you need to know in the GIMP to create your leaflet.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am only checking email right now, I am not working on my poster. I have many things to do.

Do you still need assistance with this then?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No, I think I do. I can use Word 2016. However, since I have already paid $36 for Just Answer, I wonder, would you mind creating a 8 1/2 X 11" poster in Word for me? I will email you the photo, and the text.. I have to paint a cottage today, and do not have time to create this poster.

I am a different tech: Lorenz Vauck assisted you before.

My name is*****

You need to call JustAnswer to get a refund; it seems that what you want is a graphics designer and not a tech. I don't have any design skills, so I don't know how to create things like that. I can only show you how the program works and how to fix issues with the program.

The number to JustAnswer is: 1-***-***-**** (US\Canada)

Please contact them immediately. Thank you.