Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

It locked up with message that I had a virus and must call a

Customer Question

it locked up with message that I had a virus and must call a 888 number. am using my husbands computer
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 Windows 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

No company like yahoo or google contact customer personally or send warning emails or any popup screens on your computer or smartphones.
Email servers are very safe and secure and no one can hack into it that is why there are many scams who claim to be Microsoft Google or Yahoo by sending popcall screen and warnings with phone number to call or they call you. You get into trap and they extort $300 to $500 and all of a sudden dissappear and you cannot catch or report them in that case be alert and try to be in touch with the trusted company by confirming they have a business online for more the 5 years and you have a number to call and reach them. I believe that answered your question, let me know if you have any question.

Expert:  Michelle replied 22 days ago.

download and run adwcleaner from the link below it will fix the popup

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/