Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

UsMicrosoft edge says it is blocked and I cannot use it now.

Customer Question

usMicrosoft edge says it is blocked and I cannot use it now.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Toshiba satellite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have not but recently wifi issues and some attempts to change that.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Is it a specific website or service that tells you Microsoft edge is blocked? Or can it not get to any websites at all?

Also, are you seeing any errors or popups or messages that your computer needs to be scanned or has a virus?

And one more thing, besides edge do any of your other browsers work properly so you can get online?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The computer message says I have to contact microsoft to get the fix and gives a number. I did a quick scan with norton and no virus was shown but this must be a scam. I am on line with Chrome and can even get an alternate route to get another Edge that works going through task master.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me try with your advice before going remote
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Do not call that number..

That number itself is the virus, and they would charge you several hundred dollars and who knows what they would put on your machine.

Norton cant pick it up or else norton wouldnt have let it through, this is true for any antivirus, they all leak eventually.

Instead. try this free program, usually, it can find anything that slipped by your antivirus.

www.surfright.nl/en/downloads/

Download, install and run hitman pro.. It scans fast.. Let me know if it finds any red or grey items and then click next and then click activate free license, then enter your email twice. And then click next and have it remove what it found.

Then, restart the computer and send a reply and let me know how the machine is running after a restart.. We may have more steps to do afterwords, but wont know till we get there.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dustin from Justanswer. I never heard back from you, were you able to resolved the issue or did you still need help?

If you still need help please reply when you can, other wise if my suggestions help you to resolve the problem, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to help you.

Thank you,

Dustin S