Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Dell 1765nf printer has jammed. It started to feed about

Customer Question

My Dell 1765nf printer has jammed. It started to feed about 10 sheets at once and jammed.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: The printer is a Dell 1765nf. I am using Windows 10 on the desktop.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. Msft could have done something I am not aware of.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 22 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 22 days ago.

To start with, were you able to remove the jam? Or is paper still jammed in the machine?

Also, when it jammed.. Was it feeding from the ADF on top, or was it feeding from a paper tray?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Paper is still in the machine. It was feeding from the tray.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
It's a printer. Can the jam be removed without physically taking apart the printer?
Expert:  Dustin replied 22 days ago.

Ok, we need to try an clear the paper thats jammed first, this video will show you how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJYnpStPOrA

Then, for good measure lets clean the adf rollers. http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN295645

Then, pull the paper tray out that had jammed the paper, and with the machine unplugged look inside the machine for the center roller that picks up the paper and any side or rear rollers you see. carefully clean those with a lint free cloth, slightly dampened. Once you have thoroughly cleaned the rollers..

Plug the machine back in, load paper.. And try again.. Does it jam this time around?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have seen that video. That is not the type of printer I have. It bears no resemblance to mine.
Expert:  Dustin replied 22 days ago.

Are you sure you have a Dell 1765 ?

This page is specifically for the 1765 and shows how to remove the paper jam inside the machine.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN295521

Remember, we still need to try and clean the paper pickup rollers that feed paper from the tray that jammed the paper.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
On the printer it is printed "Dell C1765nf". It is a copier, scanner, fax etc. I must go to an appt. so I will have to give up. I will try calling Dell support tomorrow. Thanks.
Expert:  Dustin replied 22 days ago.

The steps I sent you in my last reply, are specific and applicable to the model you have.

If you call dell, they will try to walk you through the same steps.. ( Though they may not mention trying to clean, or replace the actual rubber rollers that pick up the paper )

Good luck at your appointment, if you would like to continue later tonight or tommorow youre welcome to get back to me.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
OK, thanks.
Expert:  Dustin replied 22 days ago.

Not a problem, and Im not trying to spam message you but its company policy I respond to every message I am sent when I am signed into work.

If my suggestions and steps dont help you and you dont continue or decide to go to Dell for help. Please dont forget to send me a message and let me know so that we can close this session if needed.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 16 days ago.

Hello, this is Dustin from Justanswer. I never heard back from you, were you able to resolved the issue or did you still need help?

If you still need help please reply when you can, other wise if my suggestions help you to resolve the problem, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to help you.

Thank you,

Dustin S