Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My wife has a Lenovo T450 laptop given to her for working at

Customer Question

My wife has a Lenovo T450 laptop given to her for working at home. I bought 2 DP/HDMI 24 24" monitors and the Lenovo displayport splitter. when I connect it to the minidisplay port, neither monitor is available. I can only get one monitor to work directly from mdp to dp on one computer, not using the splitter.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: T450
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: When it has asked for them, remember, I am the computer geek, but my wife is the one using the computer for work! She is just a user!
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just how to connect 2 DP/HDMI monitors to the T450 for my wife to use for work
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 18 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

What Windows version are you running on this computer? 7,8, or 10, or something older?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Windows 7 Enterprise
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am on my imac. I can not be on her computer. It is her computer from work. I am the computer geek, build my own PC and have mostly Apple computers for my main computers. All I am trying to do is connect 2 -24" DP/HDMI monitors to her Lenovo T450 and so far I can only get one connected through the MDP port. The second I try to use the Lenovo splitter and connect two monitors, the laptop can't see either monitor