Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I want to remap a key on my keyboard. I have looked at some

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I want to remap a key on my keyboard. I have looked at some things for Windows 10, but the Lenovo keyboard is different and I want to do this right.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Yoga and am running Windows 10.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. A couple of days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Probalby not.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Feel free to disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. Can you tell me please what you are trying to map to?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As you probably know, Lenovo really goofed on their keyboard design for the Yoga. They embedded the up/down/side arrows into the regular keyboard, so when I go for the shift key on the right side I hit the up arrow instead. I want to remap the up arrow to be a shift. Fairly simple, but all the keyboard remap programs I see assume the standard keyboard, not this, so I don't know what to do.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would rather not spend more that the $35 dollars already invested. So if you can give instructions and stop the ads, that would be appreciated.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

From the research I have done, it seems as though everyone that has the same problem as you have been using a program called KeyTweak to resolve it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Aww, Dan, is that it? I was hoping for a real answer.
I went to this page thinking it was a Lenovo page. I realized quickly that all they do is redirect, but again I was hoping for something substantial. I already saw the stuff on KeyTweak.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Well the real answer is there are not too many options when it comes to remapping a specific key. Keys can be made hot to start certain programs or perform certain functions, but to remap a key to do what you want it to requires a script or program re-write. I agree that was a real goof on the keyboard! The only other option would be to replace the keyboard altogether with a standard one.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay. Got that. No offense, but you don't have insight into Lenovo stuff even though Lenovo sent me to you. So pleased don't be too bothered that I consider this question unanswered and will ask for a refund.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

No offense taken and no insight into Lenovo needed either. I thought from your original post all you wanted to do was to create a hotkey for specific function? This may or may not help, but what you should be looking for is a way to remap the keys in the Windows registry. That may do the trick for you. Here is the link to request a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help