Chavez Clemons Jr
Chavez Clemons Jr,
Experience:  Owner at The I.T. General, LLC
96987887

Can you help me please

Customer Question

Hey can you help me please
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 28 days ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

Please let me know your problem and I will try to help you.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
My wife has left me moved to Texas and will not give me the password ***** set on our laptop is there a way I can reset the password ***** I can use my laptop

Thank you for your reply and I am so sorry to hear this! Can you let me know at which stage it requests the password ***** you? Is it directly after pressing the power button or for the Windows login?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
As soon as you power on its a screen lock password

I am sorry to hear that, this one is rather difficult, most often impossible to remove, I will forward you to our other experts here that might be a better fit for such a case, since I am specialized for Windows login passwords only. I wish you best of luck and send regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thanks but I have no more money to pay at this time
Expert:  Chavez Clemons Jr replied 24 days ago.

So what you're saying is that, as soon as you see the BIOS screen, there's a password?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have a concern I was told that if you could not solve my problem I would only be charged 5 dollars as my problem was not solved I am wondering why I was charged the remaining 13 dollars for the total of the whole 18

Regardless if the laptop has a BIOS password ***** not, you can take the hard drive out of the laptop, put it in an USB external caddy, and backup the contents to another computer.

Here's the USB caddy you need: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0VN-0003-000W5&cm_re=laptop_hard_drive_enclosure-_-0VN-0003-000W5-_-Product

I don't have anything to do with payment; I'm just answering the question and trying to help you save what you can off of the laptop.

If you have questions related to payment with JustAnswer, contact them at: 1-***-***-**** (US\Canada).

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I don't want to save stuff off laptop nothing on it I want to be able to use it for school so regardless if I can't use my laptop then I am not satisfied and feel like I was ripped off

Then tell me if the password ***** ***** BIOS or on Windows.

If it's on Windows, it's a lot easier to bypass; we can use a password ***** tool to get rid of it.

If it's on BIOS, you're going to need to dismantle the laptop, take out the CMOS battery for about 5 minutes, and then put it back in to see if the password *****

Hey. Check this out. Here's a way to potentially reset the password ***** dismantling it.

Look at Option 3. I can guide you through it.

Link here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-BIOS-Password