Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

The battery for my laptop shows a battery with x at the

Customer Question

The battery for my laptop shows a battery with x at the bottom but not showing that it's charged.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Toshiba p55t-as116 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: a5116
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had to reset it to its original configuration but it was doing the same thing before I did the reconfig.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 28 days ago.

Can you tell me, what happens, when you remove power cord from the laptop ?

Expert:  Shefin replied 23 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

Check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N