Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I turned on my ideapad 300 and got a message Default Boo

Customer Question

I turned on my ideapad 300 and got a message Default Boo Device Missing or Boot failed. I have tried the Novo Button and when I click system restore the screen goes black and type is "checking media". The it asks me to insert a recovery disc which I do not have. Please help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your IdeaPad?
Customer: ideapad 300
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes this happened after the automatic Windows update was installed last night.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Please connect me to your computer expert.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 26 days ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 26 days ago.

The problem you are facing is caused due to defective or loose hard drive. This is coincidental that, the problem happened after the upgrade. To confirm the exact problem, you have to remove and reseat the hard drive and if the problem persists then, unfortunately, the hard drive is defective and you have to replace the hard drive. You can get the instructions to remove the hard drive from the link below. Let me know if you need any further information, otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

The video in the link below contains instructions for upgrading the laptop, but you can use the same method to remove and reseat the hard drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h-rdPI1_rg

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thank you very much for your assistance. I will have a technician fix it for me. You were most helpful and replied very quickly. Kind Regards,***** *****
Expert:  Sudipto replied 26 days ago.

Yes, that is best if you are not comfortable with computer hardware and if the laptop is less than one-year-old then, get the HDD replaced from Lenovo. Please remember to give rating for my time and effort.