Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

It is not my computer. Lionel Lauer does not know his goole

Customer Question

it is not my computer. Lionel Lauer does not know his goole password ***** can't open his phone. Sprint service said to contact google to to check his account
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Lionel is 88 yrs. old and does not know where to find info.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: He cannot get into his phone. He has been to 3 sprint offices and they cannot open without password.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 24 days ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim and will do my best to assist....unless there is a recovery email or cell phone # attached to the account, recovering a locked out account is close to impossible with out getting legal with google. Google provides no support for gmail. When the account was made, they asked her to provide some challenge questions , as example "who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend", most people skip this or forget what they put, thats the only other way to recover the account.

Expert:  Tim replied 24 days ago.

The only email accounts that can be recovered are ones provided by ISPs (internet service providers), because they can validate the account owner via billing - gmail, yahoo, etc do not work the same way, and because of security, once they are locked out, they are hard locked unless you have taken the proper precautions (cell #. email alternative)

Expert:  Tim replied 24 days ago.

Let me know if this makes sense.