Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Windows 10 won't finish booting up and I have to turn the

Customer Question

Windows 10 won't finish booting up and I have to turn the computer off and back on several times to get it booted
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: HP Pavilion HPE running windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 26 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That must be quite frustrating. I think that, with some patience, and attention to all the details needed, something may be made of it and it may be fixable.

First tell me, please: What shows on the screen when Windows 10 does not finish booting up ?

And how long does it take to get to that point, from the time of powering On the Windows 10 computer ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
the windows symbol shows,but the circle of moving dots don't show up.
it boots to here and stops
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
it takes a normal amount of time to get to this point

Try pressing the F8 button just after turning it On... repeatedly. Do you get a screen with a highlight bar across it and some menu choices? one ought to be 'Safe Mode'.

Check your disc drives... is a CD or DVD disc in your drives? if so, remove all discs from CD or DVD drives, then turn the computer Off, then wait 5 minutes (or longer), then turn it On again.

See if those two measures have any effect on the problem... let me know what happens... I will advise you further.

Thanks for the Secure Remote Assistance request. Unfortunately, that's not appropriate for this problem: you cannot remotely control a PC that hasn't booted up yet.

Let me know what the simple procedures I recommended do... I can help you from here, this way, if you will follow directions please. Thanks.