Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I updated my Macbook to Sierra today. I decided to not

Customer Question

I updated my Macbook to Sierra today. I decided to not proceed with two device security after I was prompted to change my Apple password. I am now on my imac and my new password ***** not recognized after I had used it on another apple device. I keep getting a pop up message that I am attempting to clear, but my old and new passwords have been rejected on my Imac
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Mid 2014 running macOS Sierra 10.12
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I updated to Sierra today on my MacBook
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that my trouble is due to my aborting setting up the two device security. Probably should have avoided it. I have an Imac, MacBook and Iphone 6.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

HI there. My name is***** there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers.I'm sorry that you are having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. If you use the same Apple ID (usually your email address) on all3 devices, then yor password ***** be the same on all devices.

Lets begin by going to https://appleid.apple.com/.

Please sign in with the Apple id that you use for your devices, and try both the new and the old password ***** If neither works, you will need to reset your password.

You can do so by going to http://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password

1. Enter your Apple ID. Click continue.

2. Choose whether to get an email or to answer security questions.

3. Click next and follow the instructions on the screen.

Log out of the website, then log back in just to make sure the password ***** saved properly. When you are sure that everything is working properly on the Apple website, then log out of each of your devices and log back in with the correct ID and password. On your iphone , you'll need to go into settings and change the password ***** itunes and icloud to the new password.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved.