Louie, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Vizio ct15 A4 I have 2 user accounts on it and

Customer Question

Hey I have a Vizio ct15 A4 I have 2 user accounts on it and can't remember either password ***** I try safe mode it says it wasn't able to load windows or something like that, how can I solve this problem without losing any of my files by reseting my laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Hi John and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, what is the OS (Operating System) installed in the Vizio CT15-A4 ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Windows 8
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
R u there?
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Other than the "...can't remember either password..." in Windows 8, have you tried other logon methods: picture password, pin code or Microsoft account ?

Additionally, the description of "...try safe mode it says it wasn't able to load windows..." is rather concerning as it would indicate that Windows is unable to complete its bootup process even in Safe Mode.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay it says that it looks windows didn't load correctly
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Appreciate the picture.

And have you tried "Restart my PC" ? ...or if still a no-go, the "See advanced repair options" ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when I restart pic it just shuts off then boots back up normal, and the advanced options says choose an option, option 1 continue (exist and continue to windows 8, option 2 troubleshoot refresh or reset your pc, or use advanced tools, option 3 turn off your pc, obviously 1 and 3 isn't gonna help, when choosing option 2 it says Titled Troubleshoot option 1 refresh your pc ( if ur pc isn't running well, you can refresh it without losing your files) option 2 Reset your pc ( if you want to remove all of your file, you can reset your pc completely) option 3 Advanced options I'll send picture of advanced options
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

What happens if "Automatic Repair" is selected ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It says choose an account to continue and if I select account it ask for password (the one I can't remember) below that it says forgot password ***** don't see your account? and if I choose it, it takes me here
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Are you able to log in to your Microsoft Account using a smartphone?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a smart phone which I am speaking with you on, but I didn't know I had a Microsoft account
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Creating / sign up for a Microsoft account or sign in with your existing Microsoft account is an option when the Vizio CT15-A4 was first bought or when Windows 8 was installed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not the original owner I've had this pc, for 4 or 5 years now, bought it from a pawnshop back then used it till I got another then put it up now I'm trying to get back in it cause it has some files I'm wanting to go through but forgot to write the password ***** something and stick it with the computer, so I'm afraid I don't have a Microsoft account, cause it had windows 8 already installed when I got it
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

I understand and very significant background information.

In most instances, a Windows 8 password ***** disk or USB flashdrive is needed IF and only if such was created when you were still able to log in to the computer.

If no such disk, then rather limited options.

Are you comfortable working with / using the Command Prompt ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't afford it
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated system / machine generated service offers and ads.

As posted above; "...Are you comfortable working with / using the Command Prompt ?..."

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't see an machine genrated offer ad, but what does it mean and does it cost extra
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Sorry, I though you were responding to such; live/phone call and/or remote assistance

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yea let's do that
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Remote Desktop would require that the computer be working and can log into; it is not currently.

The instructions are not complicated BUT must be followed strictly, text/written instructions would then be clearer rather than voice or by phone.

Would you still like to try remote assistance or phone call?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Which please; remote assistance or phone call ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Phone call I guess(###) ###-####
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Please see private message / offer for live phone cal / Premium Service