Hello! My name is*****I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.
Please tell me if you are using a computer with Windows 10 installed, or another Windows version?
Sorry for the delay in response - I had to step away from the computer for a while.
Since there are several Solitaire games available, please confirm if the one that you play is called "Microsoft Solitaire Collection", or another one?
Thanks for the information!
Please start Microsoft Solitaire Collection and wait for about 30 seconds. Let me know if you can see your account picture or name displayed in the upper right corner of the window, or it just says Guest?
OK. In that case, I suggest uninstalling Microsoft Solitaire Collection and re-installing it. You don't need to worry about losing the saved game data and statistics, since everything is saved in your account.
Here is what to do:
1. Click inside the Windows search box and start typing: Microsoft Solitaire Collection
2. Once you see the Microsoft Solitaire Collection icon under the search results, right-click it and select Uninstall
3. Confirm by clicking on the Uninstall button
4. The game will be uninstalled within about 10 seconds and you won't see any confirmation when done. You can restart the computer in about 1 minute of clicking on the Uninstall button
5. After the restart, click inside the Windows search box and start typing: Microsoft Solitaire Collection
6. Click on its icon that will appear in the search results
7. A new window will open. There click Install
8. Wait until the game has been downloaded and installed. It shouldn't take too long
9. When done, click on the Play button
10. Microsoft Solitaire Collection will start. Wait for about 30 seconds for your account to be loaded. Check if you can then play the game with no problems
Let me know the results.
OK. You can now sign out of your Microsoft account you use on your computer and sign into a local account. All the installed programs and your personal files will remain as they are. Here are the instructions:
1. Click inside the Windows search box and type: account
2. Click on Manage your account appeared in the search results
3. The Accounts window will open. You should see your Microsoft account on the right. There click on Sign in with a local account instead
4. A new window will appear. Type your current Microsoft account password, and click Next
5. On the next screen, type your name of leave the one that is displayed. You can type a password ***** the password ***** or leave them empty for no password, and then click Next to continue
6. Finally, click on the Sign out and finish button
7. You will then be signed out of your Microsoft account on the computer
8. You can now sign in to a local account and then start Microsoft Solitaire Collection
9. Click on the account picture displayed in the upper right corner of the Microsoft Solitaire Collection window and sign in to your Microsoft account. Make sure you enter the same Microsoft account and password ***** before, and then check if you will be able to play the game
Let me know if it helped solve the problem.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.Thanks,IT Miro
Does the game work when you sign out of your account and play as Guest?
OK, you can switch back to a Microsoft account if you now use a local account for signing in Windows since I thought the problem could be with your Microsoft account. Follow these steps:
3. The Accounts window will open. On the right, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
4. Type your Microsoft account and password, and follow the instructions to switch to a Microsoft account
As far as the Microsoft Solitaire Collection goes, you can now do the following:
1. Uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection again and then restart the computer
2. After the restart, run the troubleshooter for Windows apps available on this link:
3. The troubleshooter should automatically detect errors with Windows apps and fix them
4. When done, exit the troubleshooter and re-install Microsoft Solitaire Collection from the Windows Store, but don't start it just yet
5. Go to Settings (type settings in the search box and press Enter) and there click on System, and then click on Apps & features
6. Find Microsoft Solitaire Collection in the list of installed apps, and click on it and then click on the Advanced options button. It should then open a new window. There click on the Reset button
7. Next, find the Store app and reset its settings the same way
8. When done, start Microsoft Solitaire Collection and check if the license will work
I am very glad it worked this time! Hopefully, everything will work just fine now.If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Regards,IT Miro
Sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to remind you that you can rate my assistance if you are satisfied with my support. You can do that by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page, and then clicking Submit.