Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'M trying to create a Microsoft account so I can

Customer Question

I'M trying to create a Microsoft account so I can communicate with Cortana. I attempted to enter a "new" email address though I don't really want it to REPLACE the old one since all my family, friends and customers identify the old one with me and my business. I failed at entering the weird letters and numbers (I tried several times) and was told to enter the password ***** code. I tried to do this but was not able to enter more than four digits. I don't know what I did wrong. Can you help. I will be back in one and a hlf hour from an MD appt.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Trying to open up Cortana. she says I must sign in before she can help. I sign in, with the same email address and the same password ***** used to get to YOUR site, and was told I had the wrong password.What can I do to get Cortana to respond to me? Flowers? A backrub?Thanks, Bill
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's an HP Compaq 6000 pro Microtower. I bought it used about a year ago. It came with Windows 7. Several months ago Microsoft invaded this PC without my knowledge. Prior to this I was receiving DAILY promos about getting Windows 10 FOR FREE! I exed them out every day. I may have pressed the "Later" button one day, thinking I might find out more about 10 to see if I should get it - free or not. The next morning I found it madly entering my PC. I discovered all my documents representing 25 years of work, were gone, as well as hundreds of family and professional photographs. An IT I know said the photos and docs are probably still in there, but I don't know how to look for them. Sorry for the delay.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so. Updates for what?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh Yeah! How do I get my computer to send stuff I type to my printer (an HP LASER JET M1212 nf) ? Never had a problem with the printer before.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me, which email service provider do you use, like Gmail, Hotmail etc. ?