Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a chromecast that was setup when the computer had

Customer Question

I have a chromecast that was setup when the computer had windows 8.1. Since Microsoft pushed the Windows 10.0 on me without my permission, I am finding thing that don't work anymore. The chromecast just came up last night. It says to run Google cast to find the device, but it din't do any good. Any ideas? Les Schreiner
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Computer is a Tosheba Qosmio running Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: All current updates have been done.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: the question. Figure you will ask questions you need answers to.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 5 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

Which Chromecast hardware are you using (if any) ?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a USB plug that fits into the tv's slot. I can't find the box it came in at the moment. If you have to have it I will remove it from the back of the TV.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already spent $5.00 with another $31.00 after you solve the problem. I'm not inclined to pay another $39.00 for a remote connection. That is paying more to fix the problem then the unit cost new.

Thank you, ***** ***** don´t think that your problem is the actual plug, but your Windows setup. So buying a new one is not going to solve the problem I think. A remote-connection would be the best option in this case, so that I can fix it up for you. What do you think?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** thanks. You folks are all about making money off people, not solving problems that people are having. If you can't talk me through the problem then we are done. I have fixed problems with Microsoft, Norton, Quicken and more over the web without a remote connection. This is just a ploy.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don't worry about it, I have it solved.