Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

It is the skype icon on my iPhone. Can you help with this? I

Customer Question

It is the skype icon on my iPhone. Can you help with this?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I only have my iphone
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: for Skype?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just can't seem to access my skype account without that icon on my screen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean your Skype icon is missing from your iPhone?

Was it working fine previously? When did this issue first occur?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- On your iPhone, at the main screen (where it shows all your app icons), the swipe the screen from right to left, and/or from left to right, and see if the Skype app icon is there.

Solution #2:

- If the Skype app is still missing, then open the App Store app icon, then type / search for skype then get / install the Skype app, then open the Skype app and check.

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, on your iPhone, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- On your iPhone, at the main screen (where it shows all your app icons), swipe the screen from right to left, and/or from left to right, and see if the Skype app icon is there.

Solution #2:

- If the Skype app is still missing, then open the App Store app icon on your iPhone, then type / search for skype then get / install the Skype app, then open the Skype app and check.

Solution #3:

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,