Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Oh my Belkin Wifi Router Model F5D7234-4 V3 does not work

Customer Question

Oh hi :-) my Belkin Wifi Router Model F5D7234-4 V3 does not work anymore...My internet itself does work well..but the router does not anymore..it just disconnected from one second to the other since I am the opposite of an technical expert I am just trying to see how to reset the router :-(
JA: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?
Customer: Yes, I took the power off for hours..more interesting is that its mentioning as well a reset button..but I cant find this on that router maybe I am using an older version....
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, not for the past 4 years + :-)
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please see the attachment below and let me know if the picture matches your Belkin.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi thanks Byron, no it does not. I don't have a reset button as on the picture
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. Let me do a little checking.

In the meantime try this to see if you can get it going. Unplug the power from both the router and your modem for 60 seconds.

Leave the network cable between them connected. Plug in only the modem and wait till it is fully up. Such that all the lights

indicate it is connected to the internet. Then, plug the router in and allow it 2 minutes to come up.

Let me know if any of the lights are acting in an unusual manner.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Here's the reset button (see attachment below)

With the router powered on, use a pointed object to hold the button down for 10 seconds and release.

You should see the lights flash off & on and then it takes about 60 seconds after releasing the

button for the reset to complete.