Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My plug in charger isn;t charging. I only have 9 %charge

Customer Question

My plug in charger isn;t charging . I only have 9 %charge showing
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: hp laptop
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Some of them have failred to update
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a chg for fixing this problem ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook. Check if the computer powers up with the Adapter.

Then, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system. Check if the computer works fine on battery.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N